Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipes

To go along with Sarah's post.

I also enjoy cooking. Kind of a lot actually. I began a cooking notebook when I moved to Colorado last summer. My employer is like the queen of cookbooks. She collects them and has every new, highly rated one that comes out. I also inherited my Grandpa Koller's original recipes this past Thanksgiving and let me tell you, I am stoked. Now all I need is my own kitchen and people to cook for. :)


If I was to choose any job, hobby, pastime after I am married and my kids in school, I would open my open coffee/pastry shop. Naturally, I would focus on the coffee, which would come from all over the country, including all the places I had personally visited. I would have mix match mugs(no one would be alike) and have it be a place the old men can come and talk about the good ole days, the ladies could have morning bible class and the kids could swing by after school to do homework and hang out. Yeah...that'd be my dream retirement. :) Cherry on top would be having my ma be the head pastry queen.
One of my current favorite recipes is SUPER easy to make and absolutely delightful. I have to give credit to my sister in law, Laura for introducing the family to this one, last summer. Here is the link for it from Ina Gardener. Enjoy!!
 Orzo with Roasted Vegetables
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/orzo-with-roasted-vegetables-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment