Thursday, March 31, 2011

Changes Throughout Time

I am gonna open up a topic for discussion.

Being ten years apart from each other, we are lucky to have been raised in three different "generations." In the past few years I have been in awe on how fast technology has made leaps and jumps. It is hard to find kids in high school without a cell phone and even most middle schoolers do now too. I remember I got mine my sophomore year and I was one of the last of my group. I heard in the news that a middle school has nixed text books and are now doing all school material via iPads or laptops. And this has been all since I started high school. What was the technology "big break" you had in high school?

4 comments:

  1. HAHA!!! An email address. I got my first cell phone a few years after we got married. It will continue to exponentially progress at a rapid pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, boy - this is painful to admit...I'm old enough to remember life before both computers and cell phones. We really didn't use computers in high school, it wasn't until college that I took any computer classes and even then I really only used it for word processing. There was no such thing as personal computers or laptops yet. And while some rich people had big honking car phones, cell phones were not on anyone's radar. Somehow, I managed to survive anyway...though I am still somewhat of a techo-phobe and really dislike having to learn anything new when it comes to technology, which means I'll probably be left in the dust any second now since it changes so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, almost forgot - we did have Walkman's though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last spontaneous post, I promise! CD's and VHS movies were also a big deal.

    ReplyDelete